Thumbtack bridges the online and offline world, bringing new work to hundreds of thousands of small businesses and connecting customers quickly with experienced professionals.
They’re now looking for a community manager to help support those professionals in a way that has them beaming with praise and positivity.
As the community manager for Thumbtack’s 400,000+ service pros, you’ll be charged with developing and maintaining a healthy relationship between Thumbtack and their business owners and professionals. You’ll be a member of their marketing team, with a mission to amplify and encourage positive – empowering our service pros and giving them a voice.
You’re outgoing, friendly and relatable with the empathy needed to connect with and influence a variety of different personalities. You’re perceptive, compassionate and enjoy interacting with people, both on and offline. You get excited by the opportunity to discover what our professionals want and want nothing more than to help them achieve it. You’re good at stepping into a community member’s shoes. And not only are you unstoppable at explaining product changes and complicated issues in simple language, but you’re just as great getting people to sing a brand’s praises.
- Develop content and communicate with service professionals – largely via email newsletters – to help them be successful on Thumbtack
- Amplify existing positive goodwill on Thumbtack using social media. Find ways to best honor the community – sing their praises, share their stories and help them be better business owners
- Encourage happy pros to post their experiences in online blogs and forums, while responding to those that have already been published, making writers feel heard
- Engage with those posting positive experiences and stories via social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Secret
- 2+ years experience in managing an online community, specifically using social media
- Excellent writing skills – ability to write about complex issues clearly and simply
- Great, positive attitude, even when confronted with negative sentiment. You need to be able to take community criticism in stride and find ways to focus attention on productive and positive tasks (and it’s up to you to decide what these are). This means patience and a sense of humor go a long way!
- Ability to work independently without a lot of support
- A passion for small businesses and the Thumbtack mission
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Google+, YouTube) and how to use them most effectively.
- Experience managing evolving communities at a startup internet company
- General marketing and creative know-how
If interested, please apply here: http://grnh.se/34fmn2