The Fetch is a global media tech startup that recently relocated its HQ to NY. The Fetch focuses on solving professional event discovery – its beta is a much-loved weekly email digest. Originating out of Melbourne, Australia, the site now covers leading cities such as NYC, San Francisco, London, Berlin and Sydney with Los Angeles, Paris, Singapore and others on the waiting list.
We’re looking for a New York-based editor and content manager to come work with us!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a professional writer/editor/content strategist/blogger/curator to lead and own content at a meaningful startup.
We’re looking for someone who:
- A global citizen plugged into trends, capable of curating the zeitgeist
- Works quickly – balancing the line between perfection and getting stuff done
- Knows why sites like Medium, Svbtle, Brain Pickings, Fast Company, Quibb, Clarity and Buffer rock
- Is social media and tech-literate (you’ll know WordPress like the back of your hand as well as basic HTML)
- Has read and eaten The Elements of Style for breakfast
- Has amazing ambient awareness and a high emotional IQ (you’re committed, responsible and mature)
- Is self-sufficient (introverts welcome!) with an insane ability to focus
- Has OMG-worthy organisation and administrative skills
- Says “I’m on it” and “can do” frequently (you love helping people)
- Has the ability to speak their mind and hold their own (especially when being pulled in multiple directions)
- Can work flexible (smart rather than long) hours – especially Sundays
Stuff you’ll be responsible for:
- Engagement metrics (the meaningful kind) on our content, and increasing these month/month
- Creating high-quality and shareable content that doesn’t add to the noise
- Managing and sub-editing content posted on our ever-growing blog
- Editing of the weekly Fetches according to in-house style and guidelines
- Coming up with and executing kick-ass content calendars
- Liaising and assisting our network of brilliant curators
- Writing guest posts for other sites
- Marketing and seeding of content
- Sharing and scheduling of social media updates
- Being a responsive and communicative email ninja
- Assisting the founder
- A competitive salary relevant to your experience plus equity in the company once full time
- To be a part of a team obsessed with great culture, community, cities and changing how people work
- To build an even-more amazing content portfolio, professional network and solid profile
- To attend all the events you could ever want
- Training and mentorship from some of the industry’s best content, social media and community players
- Flexible work location (work from our HQ, home, a coworking space or while you travel)
- Once a week lunches and walking meetings in Central Park
- The opportunity to connect with inspirational people around the globe
This paid position involves a three-month part-time contract (let’s ‘date’ first!) before moving full time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can including the following:
- Links to your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and blog profiles; Examples of your writing and editing, how you would seed a piece of content and three example headlines of content you would publish on The Fetch. Why you want to work at The Fetch; Current location and availability; and your brief story so far. We don’t want or need your resume.
Applications will be reviewed as soon as they come in and we’re looking for an immediate start.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
~ Kate // Team Fetch
To discover more jobs at The Fetch and other like-minded companies in your city, subscribe to The Fetch weekly email digests now!