Bolinda Digital has revolutionized the way people access and consume books. They are Asia Pacific’s No.1 audiobook publisher and a leader in digital media, combining the dynamism of a four-year old digital startup with a reputation for excellence built over 25 years in publishing.
They’ve added eBooks and impressive mobile apps to an already amazing digital solution in the past 18 months. They won the 2013 Australian Book Industry Award for Innovation (like the Logies, but way cooler), so know what they’re doing and do it very well. Their head office is in Melbourne (Tullamarine and South Yarra; these roles are based in Tullamarine) and they also have offices in the UK, USA and NZ.
Putting it simply: Bolinda is growing and moving very fast and is looking for high achievers who can keep up with the pace – or help them increase it. What’s a high achiever? Driven, hard-working, ambitious, wants to play a genuine role in helping drive the company forward, a master at ‘getting it done’ and has some runs on the board from past roles.
They need two Client Support Specialists and two Digital Content Assistants to fill crucial roles in the digital team:
- Look after existing clients over the phone, by email and sometimes in person to answer both technical and other questions about the digital solution and content (technical experts provided!), fix problems and recognize sales opportunities;
- Be responsible for the on-boarding process – taking clients from sale to ‘go-live’;
- Deliver training to staff at libraries, schools and universities; and
- Move into a leadership or sales role if you shoot the lights out.
- Be responsible for on-boarding new publishing partners – they partner with the world’s best and biggest publishers;
- Manage the ingestion of digital content – preparing their partners’ digital content for their download solution;
- Be responsible for the enrichment and enhancement of metadata – essential to driving usage by end users;
- Be responsible for quality checking all content before they set it ‘live’;
- Move into a leadership or sales role if you really impress.
What you bring to the table
Surprise them. They’ve had a marine biologist in one of these roles before, and she was awesome. Why? Because she was someone who:
- Loves people, has a sharp and logical mind, business acumen and an ability to see the big picture;
- ‘Gets it done’ – i.e. produces results, is effective, no procrastination or excuses;
- Is tech-literate and loves learning new things;
- Loves giving client/partner support so good it leaves them amazed;
- Could write ‘how-to’ books on written and verbal communication;
- Has very strong time management, prioritizing and personal productivity skills (you will be pushed!); and
- Can use initiative and work independently but loves being part of a team.
They’d love if you could tick a few of these boxes too:
- Some experience in customer service, client support or account management;
- Tertiary qualification in one of these or something similar: business, management, communications, editing/publishing, IT;
- Skills with Adobe Photoshop (rest of the suite a bonus); and
- Resourcefulness, ability to be agile and to think creatively and laterally.
At Bolinda you will:
- Work very hard with a young, driven team and work closely with the owners and decision makers every day;
- Be constantly challenged, coached and mentored so you will develop professionally and personally – you can build a career at Bolinda;
- Be able to shape the direction of key projects and see the impact you have on the business;
- Work in a flat organizational structure where you will be given responsibility and be accountable for your own results;
- Always know how you are going in your role because of constant feedback;
- Be exposed to and work in different areas of the business – great experience because Bolinda is a complex business on a smaller scale (45 people);
- Be unlikely to do the same thing two days in a row and be way too busy to get bored!
- Have fun, bring your personality to work with you, and have a voice.
To apply, email your resume to Brendan Norris, the Business Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you’re perfect for the job.
Follow Bolinda on Facebook and Twitter.